Spinal Cord Injuries Caused by Clinical Negligence
If you or a loved one have suffered a spinal cord injury as a result of clinical negligence, our specialist solicitors are here to help you claim the compensation you deserve.
Potter Rees Dolan's specialist clinical negligence solicitors have led many spinal cord injury claims that have resulted in substantial damages, so you can rest assured you are giving yourself the best possible chance of a successful outcome.
Recent case wins include:
Failure to read spinal fracture on x-ray - £1.7 million
For a free initial discussion about your claim and for expert legal advice, contact the Manchester-based solicitors at Potter Rees Dolan by calling 0800 027 2557 or by completing our online contact form.
How are spinal cord injuries caused?
Spinal cord injuries resulting from clinical negligence can occur in a number of ways. Typically, a medical professional will have provided substandard care or made a mistake during a procedure.
Common causes of spinal injuries include:
- Mistakes during an epidural
- Undiagnosed fractures in the neck and back
- Complications during spinal surgery
- Mistakes when handling patients with existing neck and back conditions
- Undiagnosed spinal infection and abscess
Types of spinal cord injuries
Spinal injuries can lead to life-changing conditions such as severe paralysis and loss of feeling. Such injuries take their toll both physically and emotionally, and those who have suffered through no fault of their own should receive compensation for their suffering, in addition to any loss of earnings incurred and ongoing care required.
If you are suffering from a spinal cord injury, it will fall into one of the following categories:
- Complete - if suffering from a complete injury, the victim will lose all ability to move and feel below the point of injury.
- Incomplete - with an incomplete injury, the victim will lose some functionality below the point of injury. This can include a condition known as cauda equina.
How we can help
At Potter Rees Dolan, we understand that making a claim for compensation can appear a daunting and complicated process. It is often something our clients initially do not want to consider, particularly when trying to come to terms with a serious injury. However, securing compensation can be life changing, and our team of experienced solicitors is here to make the process as smooth and stress-free as possible for you. We will do this by:
- providing you with advice and representation through every step of the claims process
- thoroughly investigating the circumstances around your claim
- providing you with help and support when coming to terms with your injury and the rehabilitation process
- being transparent with you in relation to funding the claim