At Potter Rees Dolan Solicitors we are very proud of our strong team spirit and the excellent work ethic we all share. Working with us is at once rewarding and challenging, and we all buy in to the ideals we value so highly.
We are always keen to build and improve our team, enabling us to provide the very best service to our clients. If you work for us, you will work for a law firm with great ambition, a wonderful atmosphere and a willingness to help its workers maximise their potential and progress with their career.
We update this page whenever a vacancy becomes available, so keep an eye out for any openings as and when they appear. Even if there are no vacancies available at present, the page will be updated as soon as a new opportunity comes along, so be sure to keep checking back.
Below you will find a list of any current vacancies at Potter Rees Dolan:
Court of Protection Paralegal (Grade D)
As Paralegal in the Court of Protection team, you will be expected to act as part of the team and as such your role may occasionally be altered to help others complete their duties.
Your job is to provide legal and administrative assistance to the CoP Deputies, to enable the senior fee earners to concentrate on other, more complex legal tasks, giving them support and assistance as above and when requested.
The role is a demanding one which requires initiative, enthusiasm, excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and determination to get the job done right first time.
Please note, candidates must have prior experience working as a Paralegal in Court of Protection to be successful.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Dealing directly with clients, their families and carers, Case Managers, other professionals and/or experts in person, on the telephone and by letter in order to assist in the smooth running of the CoP department. Also dealing with the OPG, other associated bodies, suppliers, HMRC and other persons as necessary on behalf of the clients; acting in the client’s best interests at all times.
- Taking initiative and responsibility for preparing accounts (including monthly reconciliations), deputy reports, updating action plans, payment of invoices, updating schedules and budgets with factual information and billing on all client files assigned to you. Ensuring information is prepared in a timely manner in readiness for client meetings.
- Providing support to clients and dealing with enquiries in connection with their financial affairs, e.g. tax returns, budgets and financial schedules, Court applications, purchase and adaptation of property, care arrangements, therapies, insurances, household and other expenditure, benefits and community care entitlement as and when requested.
- Prepare client care letters, costs letters and other client care documentation as per the firm’s office manual and OPG guidelines.
- Typing correspondence, including letters, reports, emails and file notes etc.
- Taking responsibility for managing your own workload and diary, ensuring that key dates are diarised, and any required action is undertaken in a timely manner. Identifying and expediting urgent tasks.
- Be responsible for arranging meetings in relation to client files assigned to you and ensuring that all documentation is prepared and readily available in good time before any meetings.
If you think you, or someone you know, would be suited to this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org